Sea Urchins Childcare Centre is a privately owned and operated centre providing care for children aged 0 to 6 years.
We provide a safe, friendly, caring environment where children can explore and learn in challenging situations.
Sea Urchins Childcare Centre is licensed for 44 children and has three rooms
- JELLYFISH: 0 to 2 year old room,
- STARFISH: 2 - 3 year old room,
- WHALES: 3 - 5 year room.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sea Urchins Childcare Centre is open from 7.30am to 5.30 pm.
The centre is open for 50 weeks of the year, closing for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year Period.
CHILDREN’S DAILY REQUIREMENTS
- Bag to contain belongings.
- Sheet for rest time, even if your child doesn’t sleep.
- Spare clothing. Please label all your child’s clothes
- Hat for outside play - legionnaire or bucket style.
- A water bottle for your child to keep in their locker so they can get a drink whenever needed. Juice and cordial.
are not permitted due to their high sugar content.
- Morning Tea - please pack a nutritious snack in a separate container/bag.
- Lunch - please pack lunch in a separate bag/box.
- Please place an ice brick in with any food that needs to be kept cold.
- All containers need to be labeled.
- Please refer to Nutrition Policy and Lunch Box Ideas. Parents are asked not to pack chips, chocolate or lollies.
- Please let us know if your child has any food allergies or intolerances.
Sea Urchins is a nut free centre. Please do not send nuts or food containing peanuts or tree nut products to the centre.
This includes peanut butter, nutella and other nut spreads. You will also need to check the information on packaged food such as muesli bars and biscuits. If it states ‘contains nuts,’ ‘may contain nuts,’ or ‘made on the same line as…’ then it is not acceptable.
This is to protect children who have an allergy to nuts from having a serious reaction. If you are unsure of a certain food, please ask a staff member.
We will also be asking children, staff and visitors to wash their hands on arrival at the centre. This will ensure that traces of food eaten at home will not be transferred to toys and equipment, as well as helping to control the spread of infections.
Children need to bring a hat for outside play, or play in the shade. They also need to wear a shirt with sleeves to cover the shoulder and upper arms. The centre also provides sunscreen and parents are asked to apply this to their children when they arrive. Staff will reapply sunscreen during the day. Please refer to our Sun Protection Policy.